Kentucky weather is erratic and unpredictable. One minute it could be completely sunny and the next thunder and lightning. This morning, after formation, I found myself debating whether or not to run to the gym or to just stay inside. After several minutes of staring aimlessly out of the door, and the rain not even remotely thinning out, I decided to bolt in an aimless fashion toward the gym. More accurately, in an aimless, baby deer in the headlights who hasn't found its legs type fashion. In my mind I had it all planned out: leap off of the sidewalk and over the newly formed river that overlay a quarter of the road separating me from the other side like some sort of Bruce Lee, Die Hard, and with the intensity of Nicholas Cage fashion. What actually happened was that, in all of the glory that I had expected, I leaped off the curb and into the river like some sort of mix between a failed corny asian extreme challege clip and Rosy O'Donnell having a stroke. Except for a small piece of my pride, all that is missing is a chunk of my left knee.
Good thing I decided to go to the breakfast hall right after this happened because little did I know this day was about to get a whole lot better. When I asked the man behind the counter for 2 boiled eggs..HE GAVE ME 3 and thats not even the best part. After I said "thank you" he replied with "anything for you big mama, suga mama"...the epitome of complements. Instant morale boost. I sat down to eat my meal feeling revitalized, and 30 seconds later was scraping the food away because I got a call that we were needed back at the Co. Oh well, can't win them all. But for real..what compels a person to call someone big mama suga mama? Baffling for sure.
This complement high sustained me until I ate mexican for lunch for the second day in a row. It is currently 2:40, approximately one hour after lunch and I feel like nothing I can do could reverse the detrimental activity of eating that, to return me back to the person I was before this meal. Mexican food is a dirty thing. I actually never want to eat it. It just has a way of making you lose your God damned mind and next thing you know you are knee deep in the disgusting goop that is refried beans, rice, and meat. It also doesn't matter what you order, IT'S ALL THE SAME THING WITH THE SAME 5 INGREDIENTS. It's creepy and I refuse to eat it again. Until tomorrow when I have to make another nail biting decision between Burger King, Applebees, and El Caminos GROSS.
I think I'm going to switch to tumblr soon so I can post picvs and what not.
No comments:
Post a Comment